Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Medical Clearance

Hey everyone! I decided to create a blog so everyone here can hear about my soon-to-be adventures in Germany! I started it now, however, because I wanted someplace to talk about how excited I am about every aspect of this experience including preparing to go abroad.

Today I went for a physical so I could get my health form signed. The nurse at the clinic gave me a TB test. It was so cool - she stuck a needle in my arm, but I didn't feel anything. I'll go back on Thursday for my result (since Ewan McGregor isn't singing about how much he loves me, I assume the result will be negative), and then I can send my health form off!

It was also a nice coincidence that the doctor who did my exam studied German in high school. She told me about her summer study abroad trip; she lived in Berchtesgaden, which is somehow closer to Austria than Holzkirchen is! I'd been there, so we had a nice conversation about how wonderful Bayern is in the summer.

I already applied for my final transcript to be sent to New York, and I also need to scan in another form. Besides that, I'm just compiling a list of things that I want to take to show my students (state flags from Oklahoma and Arkansas top that list) and waiting to see which school I'll be assigned to! I'm also very excited at the prospect of seeing my host family from Holzkirchen again; they invited me to come visit when I told them I'd be in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment