Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Break

Germany, you are definitely spoiling me with two weeks of Easter vacation. Luckily, I've been doing my best to take advantage of the time off and the beautiful weather!


Chip shot, 5 Euros. Santa, there are no more excuses.... 


On Monday I went to Eisenach again because I wanted to see it when it wasn't totally cold and raining. There were a ton of people there, but it was still beautiful.


I take selfies when I hike...

On Tuesday I went to see a retrospective of Steve McCurry's photography at the Kunsthalle. It was very interesting. (He's the guy who took the picture of the Afghan girl with a red shawl and green eyes.)


On Wednesday Cathy & Hannah came to visit me! We took a nice tour of Erfurt which included some quality time at an Eiscafe, then made curry for dinner.


On Wednesday we went to Weimar before Hannah and Cathy headed home. Here is Goethe's garden house.






We climbed into this cool tunnel under a bridge...of course I managed to slip and fall, but it was still fun.



That evening I went to the Hauskreis (Bible study) that I'm a part of, but since most of the members weren't there we just watched August Rush instead. Afterwards I was heading home and forgot that Abzweig Wiesenhuegel is sinister after dark...


I printed off my boarding pass!! I also found out that the Tube workers are probably going to be on strike next week!


I was at the library when I noticed that they have all the House of Night books. It's interesting to see Tulsa described in a book in a library in the middle of Germany.


Someone decided that the seating at the tram stop in the train station wasn't adequate, so they stuck a couch there.

No comments:

Post a Comment