Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Last Post!!

I'm safely back in Oklahoma, but here are the photos from my last week in Germany.


Clothes I threw away....


Clothes I donated....


On July 21, I went to Berlin for the last time. I got to visit the US Embassy, which was really cool. The building was nice and new and there was a lot of fancy art, which didn't make sense since it's not a public building so no one besides Embassy staff and guests can go inside!


I also went to see Tempelhof, which used to be the main airport in Berlin. It was closed because they're building a new airport (which is severely behind schedule and still unopened), and the citizens of the area took over the former runway and turned it into a park! It was interesting - albeit it not very busy since it was a Monday afternoon.


I saw this whole building covered in an ad for the German national team! The stars all have the years that Germany won the World Cup written in them - the top one says '14! I also tried to go to Primark in Alexanderplatz, but it was so busy that I gave up.


My street sign!


The Dom!


My very full suitcase - it actually zipped quite easily. Although it was overweight, the lady only made me pay to check my second bag and ignored the fact that my first bag was super heavy.



Frankfurt Airport!


Lufthansa logos were everywhere!


The airplane that took me back to America! That flight seemed really short - it lasted 7.5 hours, but I watched 3 movies in that time. Once I got back to Newark, I ended up having a really long time to wait until I got back to Tulsa due to storms - I was due back at 9:57 but showed up at 12:15!


Hello, New Jersey!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment