Friday, December 13, 2013

Weimar & Jena

I realized last weekend that I hadn't left Erfurt in almost a month, so I went to Weimar to see what their Weihnachtsmarkt was like. It turns out their Weihnachtsmarkt is just like Erfurt's except smaller. I also went and looked around a really hipster flea market in the old Strassenbahn depot which is now a movie theater.


I saw a house covered with cool graffiti.


Weimar Weihnachtsmarkt


Simone (my BL) gave me a Nikolaus gift!


I bought a Raeuchermann in Weimar. He's pretty cool.


Today I went to Jena because I hadn't visited that city yet & it's only 30 minutes away! The trains there and back were both really crowded. I found a store in the mall there called Chelsea. It was filled with clothes I would never dream of wearing.


Jena's Weihnachtsmarkt has a Riesenrad!


Weihnachtsmaerkte are filled with wood knickknacks.


I saw this sign in the old Rathaus.


The theater is showing a play called "The system is poisoned."

No comments:

Post a Comment