Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Erfurt Tour + Autumn

Since I'm going to take a class or two at the university, I've been assigned a tutor to make sure everything's going well for me in Erfurt. Mine is named Gabija, and she's super helpful! She and her Cypriot roommates went to the Erfurter Oktoberfest on the last day (October 6th) and invited me to go along.
It was pretty chilly and the weather was misty, so we just walked through the carnival and went on the Ferris wheel.






This building looks like Gregson.


After the Ferris wheel, we went back towards Anger. We found some really pretty views of the river along the way.



On Monday (October 7th), I didn't have to go to work, but the real teachers were doing a workday of sorts. I had to go to the school to pick up a quilt for Maggie to use during her stay from my mentor teacher.The door to the foyer was propped open, and this bird came in with me. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that the windows were glass and he flew directly into one and then just hopped around in a daze for a few minutes. I felt a bit responsible because I saw it happen.


The leaves are changing in Thueringen! Here are some trees that I can see from my apartment.



No comments:

Post a Comment