Monday, October 21, 2013

The Best Halloween Rhyme

One of the biggest problems I've been facing with the younger classes is that I think they're funny since I'm not their full-time teacher. I'm sure the teachers love me holding back giggles while they're reprimanding 8th graders.

One of the times this happened was last week in an 8th grade class. The kids were supposed to make up their own Halloween rhymes. One girl had a really good one, but the other kids clearly didn't put that much effort into it.

My favorite of the bunch was: "Trick or treat. I'm so sweet. Give me meat."

I mostly thought it was funny because they asked me if "meat" meant "hackfleisch." They actually put a bit of thought into it...but the teacher was less impressed and almost everyone got to come up with a new rhyme for homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment