Friday, November 29, 2013

An Expat Thanksgiving!


It snowed last week for a bit.


This is an ad from the store C&A - it means a warm welcome home. (Or just welcome home. Germans always use the "herzlich" though.)


A permit sign for one of the booths at the Weingemarkt part of the Christmas market, which began on Tuesday.


It's about to get cold cause I'm eating beans in chilly sauce.


I bought whole green beans to make green bean casserole on Thanksgiving.


Since I had to work on Thanksgiving, I cut up my ingredients the night before.


My beautifully finished green bean casserole.


My Thanksgiving feast. I've eaten it for two meals and barely made a dent in it. If you can't tell, it's mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, dressing, and chicken. I bought the roast chicken in town on my way home from school.


The highlight of the day was skyping with my family for a total of three hours. Since I've only skyped with Emily and Kaylee since leaving for Germany, it was nice to see my mom, dad, and grandparents again!


Today I went to Media Markt and got a new phone, but I forgot to get a plan to go with it, so I'm going to go to Saturn tomorrow to get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment